69b9020515a885ffd7859c571ecd7fa3

Monday, July 29, 2013

A Fine, Fine Fun Freebie!

Our system adopted Journeys as our new basal reading program.
Although I don't think we can rely solely on a basal and effectively meet the Common Core Standards, I do think Journeys has some valuable selections that are included.
I have always used A Fine, Fine School by Sharon Creech at the beginning of school. It just happens to also be the first selection in the third grade Journeys book. I've put together a packet of activities that include syllable work, a short and long vowel sort, writing an opinion piece, using illustrations to find information, parts of speech, and asking and answering questions. I'm giving you the questions activity as today's freebie.


Just click on one of the pics above to get the file.

I hope you have a fine, fine week. We have staff development all week, then it all cranks up next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment